Stephen G Dms

| map-marker Layton, Utah

Unprofessional Handling of my Pet

The first issue is the pop up clinic layout where a table is in the middle of a store and that is where the animals are handled. My dog (a beagle) was distracted by all the other animals around and as a result was very hyper when he was put on the table to get vaccinations.

The second issue is that the staff made no attempt to calm him down or settle him down prior to treatment, they went straight to holding him down. They placed a muzzle on him, which I was alright with, but then they held his head and neck so tight he could not breathe. I could see his eyes popping out of his head and foam forming around his mouth. I stood up to say something and they told me I could not touch him while they were working.

Fine, but at least let him breathe. My dog did not eat for almost a day after his appointment and coughed regularly. He also had busted blood vessels in his eyes, so that tells you how rough they treated him. Its not attempting to restrain him that was the issue, it was not attempting to calm him down or even talking/playing with him before starting and how they restrained him by basically choking him out to get compliance.

I had to step in to have them release him. This was completely unacceptable. Ive never had this issue (or at least never been told there were issues) in an actual Vet clinic. These pop up clinics are ridiculous and should not be used.

But because I know money means more than anything else, at least put a partition up around the table so there is some privacy which can help with calming a pet down. I waited for medication after my appointment and several dogs after mine were treated the same way and fought to get away from them. This was a terrible experience for my pet and I will not bring him back to this type of unprofessional pop up ever again and strongly encourage other pet owners to not use these either.

Invest in building/developing actual clinics and private rooms like are in some Petco or dont do it at all. Completely unprofessional and dangerous.

Cons:
  • See my complaint

Preferred solution: Protect other pets from the unprofessional treatment

User's recommendation: Do not use.

The F Ifb

| map-marker Chicago, Illinois

The "vet techs" are a bunch of bozos

Vetco Clinics - The vet techs are a bunch of bozos

I have been working with dogs on a professional basis for many years, and both my dad and uncle were veterinarians. Anyway I brought my dog Zed to the VETCO clinic last month, and OMG !!!.

I KNOW how to properly restrain a dog in order to recieve medications / vaccinations, and Zed is extremely obedient AND well trained. I reluctantly allowed the tech to hold Zed, and this MORON grabbed Zed like a Sumo wrestler !!!... As I stated previously, Zed is very obedient and well trained, and on top of that, he is very happy go lucky, and very, very friendly. And of course Zed freaked out, and tried to get away from that DINGLEBERRY !!!.

That's when I told "captain DIPSTICK" to let go of my dog... Keep in mind that I'm 6-5, weigh about 280, and served in the Marine Corps as an infantryman, with actual combat deployments. The guy told me that he "knew what he was doing", and at that point I grabbed his wrist, and jerked his hand away HARD !!... I then took Zed off the table, said a few choice "words" to the veterinarian and the staff, and walked out.

But I very loudly and clearly stated just how incompetent the vet staff were, and told the other people in line that I would think twice about letting those yahoos twice about letting the vet staff do ANYTHING to their animals.

I also called the 800 number, and told them what happened, and that they should be glad that I didn't beat that vet tech senseless !!! *** Vetco !!

User's recommendation: Don't take your pet to Vetco !!!

Guest

Please my personal password help me

Resolved
Demetria W Vox

| map-marker Pearland, Texas

Resolved: Scamming Petco

Updated by user May 14, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology.

Original review Apr 13, 2024
The clinic did not offer me all information after dropping off my dog. On my voicemail I was told to pick her up after 3, I came at 6:10 and they charged me $40. They never told me in writing or on my voicemail what time they closed! Also,they did not tell me ( a first time dog owner) that they would be shaving off parts of her fur on her legs. All this information about the hidden fee, time they closed and the details about how my dog would show up should have been told to me in advance! Preferably in writing, which by the way you get no information when you drop your dog off!
Loss:
Cons:
  • Company is not transparent and informative

Preferred solution: Take the $40 fee off my account and an apology

User's recommendation: Do not recommend!

Keith S Uze

Just takes money

Never take your animal here if you care about getting him well. Paid $200 for labs and was told without then they could not guarantee they could fix a ear infection. Well it still didnt.. I fixed it at home for $2 worth of stuff from Walmart! All Vetco wants to do is take your money and keep giving perscriptions. Ive been told by someone claiming to be a owner that they would look into this but have heard nothing back. The vet at the Melbourne Florida store is rude and unprofessional It's time for my refund!
Loss:
Cons:
  • Apparently cant fix a ear infection

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: find another vet

john g Nff

| map-marker Sarasota, Florida

Wrong presecription would not send product

I have taken my dogs to Vetco for years. Cost and proximity have always been fine.

They normally hold to appointment times, but sometimes walk-ins can take your place. My Jan 7 trip to 8356 S Tamiami in Sarasota had a 1 hr 20-minute delay because of two prior unruly dogs. Beyond that, the staff and vets seemed fine. But they emailed me a flea med prescription for a 20 lb dog when mine was 55 lbs.

I could not see this until I got home. When I phoned, the store manager told me I had to make a second appointment and drive out again to fix the mistake. I went without the flea meds for a year, and on Jan 15, 2024, I returned, got the shots, and asked them to hand me a correct prescription. They refused.

They said they had to email it, and I would need to wait for the email.

When I got it the prescription it said 0 quantity and 0 refills. Again, I phoned Vecto, and the rep said they make mistakes all the time, and if I wanted it fixed, I would need to make another appointment, drive back to the store, and then wait for them to send another email.

User's recommendation: Do not expect correct prescriptions,

Xavier P Ztp
map-marker Boca Raton, Florida

The worst Experience EVER

We sent our dog to vaccination a couple of weeks and they charge me twice the same amount. Since then, this was a really pain to us in order to get the refund.

1st they told us their system isn't working, then, they told us they would mail a check to my house promising to have it on Monday, and they sent an email confirmation about it.

After 2 weeks, we are calling everyday to get our money back and they told us the manager would handle this situation.

I just want my money back! These are the most unprofessional & uncommunicated people dedicated to dog care and treatment.

If you are thinking about taking your pet or using vetco services, just search for reviews across the US and you have enough reasons to no got to any vetco.

Loss:
Pros:
  • No pros anymore
Cons:
  • Unprofessional staff
  • Bad refund policy
  • Miscommunication

User's recommendation: My advice for anyone, DO NOT take a step into a VETCO

Emme C Brn

Verified Reviewer

Lack of knowledge from call center and managers.

If you ever go to VETCO CLINICS , please be prepared and do your research on pet care 1st. I know I used to recommend them to many people,but their management and call center, and managers of the call center are complete idiots.

They don't know the BASIC protocol on how vaccines work and they won't give you any credit when THEY mess up on THEIR part smh . There are other mobile clinics and they have similar prices.

If you ever go to Vetco, go with the mindset you're going to get *** over so you're on your toes from the getgo.

LORD HELP ME. This is the 2nd time they've *** *** up SarcasticSarcastic

Loss:
Pros:
  • Vaccines only being charged
Cons:
  • Lack of basic knowledge of managers and call center

Preferred solution: A credit for 2 rounds of shots since the 1st two vets I saw did not catch the false age of kitten

User's recommendation: Other mobile vet clinics/ do you own research 1st. Be prepared to get screwed over. Always ask questions.

William A Dlv

Verified Buyer
| map-marker Winston Salem, North Carolina

Did not fulfill the service I requested.

Vetco Clinics - Did not fulfill the service I requested.
The main reason fir the appointment was to get a prescription for heartworm medication which I never received. This was my second attempt to get this prescription. The first time I made the appointment they called after it was made and said the vet didnt show up. I looked online and found there are different packages available with reduced prices. This was never mentioned and could be a significant savings since I have two young puppies.
Pros:
  • First appointment was done in a short period of time
  • Other vets i called were going to take weeks to see my new puppy

User's recommendation: Don’t go there

Ella M Qst

| map-marker Hornell, New York

They ripped me off

Updated by user Feb 20, 2024

I haven't received any response from Long Island veterinary services in Plainview. They left my cat for dead!

I want my story to be heard so they won't harm any more pets. Our pets can't speak so we have to Stop Business like this. They take your money. They never call you back or never answer your call when you need to follow up.

I lost 1,402.50 just for lab work . And fake consultation fees.

And my fur baby lost so much weight while waiting on a follow up call. This needs to be handled.

Original review Feb 17, 2024
Please do not go here if you love your pet. They are very fraudulent. I took my pet because my pet was in need of blood work. He's a senior cat. I love him with all my heart. I wanted to get him the best care possible. So I thought. When I arrived at this place it was just a nightmare. They don't allow you in the exam room with your pet. That's weird. How can I comfort my pet or show them what's wrong with him? Also when I finally was called to the exam room ,my pet wasn't in there. They said he was in the back. I asked if I could see him. They said they would let me see him for 5 minutes. After I left they said if would be a few hours. They had to do x-rays and the x-rays needed to be read by a specialist. Which was a lie because the x-rays were readable. Printed x-rays. They never even called me to let me know that my cat was finished. I called them. They charged me for 2 consultation fees at 300 each,and I never even spoke to a doctor. When I tried to call on the phone after I left. They had a excuse ever time. The doctor is off today. The doctor is busy. My cat has diabetes, they never even let me know. Also they said my cat might have cancer. But they never treated my cat for anything during the visit.I was in shock. They are cruel and humane. I even called back to get some updates on what meds my pet might need. But..like I said they gave me the run around. The vet was never there . Or the vet was busy. I asked the staff to please email me my cats lab work. I had to go online and interpret it myself on Google. This company just took my money and sent us out the door. My cat was 15 pounds when he went there. And after having no treatment on his emergency visit. He lost weight rapidly! I'm in tears ! I need someone to help me .This place needs to be closed down. I'm fighting with American express over this issue. It's a hard fight . But I'm going to advocate for my baby. I cannot let these murderers get away with this. This is heartbreaking.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Will kill your pet

User's recommendation: Beware Beware

map-marker Roanoke, Virginia

Incompetent and unorganized

Had 12:15 appt with Vetco at Petco Middletown, CT. Arrived 25 minutes early. No established process for check-in other than text "3" upon arrival Once inside - chaos. Customers asking each other what to do/where to go. Nobody seemed to know. After about 30 min gentleman came with clipboard to take info. Around 1pm was told I was 3rd, following person in next aisle. But instead they took someone else who had not been there even 20 minutes and whose scheduled appointment time was after mine. Finally left Around 1:30 without being seen. Definitely NOT WORTH THE AGGRAVATION

User's recommendation: Pay the few extra bucks and go a real Vet

Xanthia F

Poor Customer Service

I requested a simple replacement of my dogs vaccination tag and it has now been 10 days. I called and they asked I wait another 7 days!! It isnt that hard to put this in the mail after 10 days. It was also next to impossible to explain that I needed an emailed copy of the records since every time I tried to log into the app or site to view them I had to request a link to be sent to login, which never got sent, even though I have an account with them. Just too hard for something so simple. I would not recommend.
Pros:
  • Location
Cons:
  • Customer service

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

map-marker Portland, Oregon

Got fleeced at the vet clinic

Brought my elder cat in with an assumed respiratory infection and ear infection. Assumed because my other younger cat had a respiratory infection that he recovered from naturally.

I told the doctor and the vet tech what I assumed and what I saw from the symptoms, such as ear scratching and third eyelid showing with runny eye. The cat needed antibiotics, yet I came under great pressure at a frenzied pace to make a quick decision regarding running a battery of unnecessary tests. $610 later the cat only needed antibiotics which I had said from the beginning. I have not seen any of the test results, for all I know they've been thrown in the trash.

And now vetco is asking for another $70 because the urine sample I brought in was slightly over a month since the appointment. I was never told there was a deadline to bring sample. (It's not easy to get a urine sample from a cat). Just another example of corporate greed.

Buyer beware, don't cave to high intensity pressure especially when you're given not more than a couple minutes and not enough information to make the decision. Never again!

User's recommendation: Go elsewhere

Verified Buyer
| map-marker Hyattsville, Maryland

Vaccinations Aftercare

Vetco Clinics - Vaccinations Aftercare

I took my grand-pet to get her vaccinations on Thursday, Jan 25th at a Petco store. While our experience was pretty good, there were issues with after care.

My problem is we were given a folder with vet emergency numbers and side effects, but what we didn't receive was proper aftercare. My grand-pet who has never had any issues with vaccinations before went through several issues (99.9 fever, lethargic, leg pain/swelling, constipation and no appetite for food/water) which could have easily been solved with the vet calling in a script. I just felt like she was treated like a patient for the vaccinations and then discarded. I just saw a vet, but now we have to pay to see another vet for them to charge an office/emergency fee plus visit.

The vetco vet should have at least known what to give once I gave the symptoms and if that didn't work, then I should be referred to another vet. I had to spend hours researching what otc could I use, how much to give/how often and foods for animals with poor appetite. It was sleepless nights and finally today she's eating scrambled eggs, drinking bone broth water and coming around. This could have ended horribly, but thankfully didnt.

She had another appt with Vetco in 6 wks, but I cancelled it because we do not want to pay $65 to go through this nightmare again.

Also, I reached out to Petco via email and they passed the buck to Vetco customer service. Petco-Vetco you need to do better by all your customers because this is wrong on so many levels.

User's recommendation: Do your research, check online reviews and the BBB before taking your fur baby down the rabbit hole.

Guest

Stay away from “Petco partners, vets, groomers” …. this is a money grab - a decent vet would be picked up by a PROFESSIONAL private practice.

Petco vets graduated at the bottom of the class…. Petco relies on the ignorance of the general public regarding their pets.

map-marker San Francisco, California

Charges - and management

Walked in 2 min late and was reprimanded that next time I will have to reschedule. The manger is awful.

Brought 2 of my 3 pets in for wellness checks ($65 each ) and vaccines. Total cost for both close to $350. Thats high but Im ok with that for a place I thought I could build a relationship with and trust with my animals care. Return 3 weeks later for a booster and they want to charge another $65 wellness office visit.

When I asked why - thats their policy and the same old grouchy confrontational office manager came in to make sure I knew it would be changed.

When I asked if this was worth 3 dog family customer she said - yes thank you for telling me and walked out.

Its really sad because the back office is amazing. Dont come in here hoping for a personal relationship and keep you wallet out - oh and dont be human and walk in 2 m late due to road construction - maybe you wont be disappointed !!

User's recommendation: Don’t go

Marcus T Exq

Verified Reviewer

Negligence on the part of the vet

Updated by user Jan 30, 2024

Absolutely not. I will go to a real veterinarian

Original review Jan 29, 2024
A couple months ago our cat started doing all the things female cats do when in heat so we took her to the Southington CT Vetco center for her rabies and other required vaccinations so that we could ultimately get her spayed. The first time we went wasn't too bad except for the fact that we waited almost an hour for her to be seen.

We got her shots (they administered feline leukemia instead of the feline AIDS vaccine and I thought that was odd but wasn't super worried about it) and got an appointment to come back 2wks later.
When we went back the second time, the vet absolutely mishandled our cat. The vet and vet tech discussed in front of my wife and me whether they felt it'd be best to draw blood or do her shots first
They decided the blood draw would be best...and then proceeded to FULLY COVER our cats face and neck and hold her down to take blood even though she hadn't even presented as aggressive. The result was she scratched the vet pretty hard on the hand... We came back 10min later for the results and they tried to tell us she was "feisty" and they didn't feel comfortable giving her the remaining shot she needed & tried to make us reschedule but we put our foot down and said absolutely not we won't reschedule & they gave her the booster shot and said something about putting it in the notes for next time that she's aggressive.

Baked Bean has never bitten a soul or scratched anyone without reason and I'm appalled that they'd treat an animal with that disrespect.
When we took her to the vet who will be spaying her they discovered she didn't even receive one of the basic vaccinations in the package and that I paid for. All they'll do is rip you off and mistreat your pets.

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Spend the extra money and go to a real vet not a clinic

Michelle M Zhp

| map-marker Baldwin, New York

Vet , failure to care for my pet

Original review Feb 17, 2024

Hello, I was ripped off at the Baldwin location. Dr.

Brenton examined my cat ,she said my cat has a mass on his mouth . And diabetes. I was never set up with a follow up appointment. She said she would call me after she spoke with another specialist.

I waited several days but she Never ever called me back with a treatment plan. I called and left messages for her to call me back,but she never called me back. I just wanted to see what she was going to do for my cat, but no response from Vetco. They eventually blocked my number.

This is not how a business should treat pet parents. This is so unfair.

I demand my money back so I can take my fur baby to someone that cares about his health. If you love your pet please don't take them to this location , Especially if your pet has a major issue.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Will block your number

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Please don't take your pet to the Baldwin location

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article